Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to England

We finally made it to England and we are beginning to get settled. We have been staying on base in temporary housing. Although the housing is very comfortable and spacious (for a hotel) we are dying to get into our own house.

Our temporary housing has only 2 bedrooms, which has proven to be difficult for jet lagged children. I had no idea how long it would take us to get adjusted to the 6 hour time difference. The girls, CJ and I would have adjusted more quickly if it wasn't for poor little Isaac. After many sleepless nights we are happy to report that we are finally all back to our normal sleep habits.

Now that we are adjusted to the time, we are trying to tackle the driving, house hunting, and school searching. We found a house and are planning on moving in later this week! It is an adorable little house and I will make sure to post pictures and tell everyone all about it once we move in.

I still have not dared to drive off the base. Besides driving on the wrong side of the road, the streets are incredibly narrow and everyone drives terribly fast. The speed limit for most of the narrow roads is 60 mph. The street signs were a mystery to me when we first got here, but slowly I am starting to decipher them.


My goal for this week is to find a school for the girls! Cheerio!

10 comments:

Roxanne said...

Hey Tessie, It is great to see you and the family. Looks like you are having a fun time. I can't imagine tyring to navigate another country. FYI the primary program went great! Not a dry eye in the place, although we missed your girls. Take care and keep us posted.
Roxanne

Brooke said...

Wow Tessie! What a great adventure. I'm glad that you're blogging so that we can enjoy it right along with you. What base are you stationed at?

andalucy said...

We miss you!!!

I'm so glad you started this blog sooner rather than later! I'm glad all is well.

C.Troendle said...

It is great to see your smiling faces! We were thinking of you all the day you left wondering where in the world the Snow family was. Glad to hear that you have made it there safely. Can't wait to hear about your British life!What a great adventure.
xxoo
Colene, Kevin & Olivia

Mary and Dave said...

Great pics Tess.....can't wait to "see" you guys on skype soon!
Miss and love you,
Dad and Mary

Unknown said...

Hi Children:

I will see that the rest of the family here gets to see your blog, etc. Maybe it would be a good idea to change Becky'd last name to Snow, and put Sandi and Bryan on your list. They ask about you all the time and I don't see their names on your list.

Enough editing, I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I am able to e-mail Ephia more, and I am enjoying that a great deal. I love her and her family very much. I am so proud of my grandchildren, and great grandchildren. You are not only super spirits to be around on this earth, but you are all so GOOD LOOKING!!!!!

I love England so much, and would not need a gun to my head to come and visit you at the drop of a hat.Trust me!!!!

I will e-mail more later.. MY heart is full whenever I think of you, which is every DAY.

Tessie, your discription of things over in the homeland is spot on.

Hold fast, Grandma

Jennifer said...

Tessie-
I am EXTREMELY jealous!! I love England and would love to be stationed there some day. I will be checking out your blog frequently! We are fine, Nick is back to school in Co for his PhD (AFIT assignment). He will be done in 2010 and then off to ???. Girls are fine, Michael was two in September and is growing up so fast! Take care and have fun!
Jennifer (your old neighbor is Ocean Springs)

Rachelle said...

Welcome! So glad to have you in the neighborhood. It is remarkable that you have already set up a blog, I keep thinking about it but I am pathetically sub-average when it comes to the tech world.

Please let me know where you house is so I can figure out a route to come for a visit. I have no intention of driving here but I am getting good at the tube and train system.

John has fall break this week (may make it hard for you to contact schools) and Leslie turns 18 on Thursday so the kids and I are headed to Paris on Wednesday.

I love this place!

Rachelle

Susan said...

Wow! You are all so grown-up! :) You look great! Good luck with getting settled. I am excited to see your house, I'm sure it will be cute once you decorate it! Take care!

emmileewells said...

I had no idea you were moving to England! How exciting. Looks like things are going well. It will be fun to check out your blog every now and then!

Emmilee