Sunday, November 16, 2008

An evening with the boys


Last night I inadvertently took Isaac to a bar. So he and I were hanging out at this on-base wal-marty type store. Its where we take him for fun because A) they have tricycles there for him to ride and we have no toys what-so-ever and B) shockingly, Isaac is not really into seeing places of historical interest. So, I walk he rides. Anyway, its around dinnertime and I decide to be bold and get Chinese take out in a nearby village. Its pitch black by 6:00 PM here and I got lost and had to return home empty handed. On our way home I see this charming little Inn and restaurant. I look through the window and see a ton of kids, so we head in. It turns out the restaurant is full, but 'no worries mate' says the dude, we got plenty of room in the back. The back turns out to be a full on bar. Next thing you know I'm surrounded by Americans with crew cuts and Harley shirts drinking and carrying on. Good times. The food wasn't bad, who knew eggs and peas would go together so well. Issac made me snap some portraits of ourselves. Cheers. C.J.

5 comments:

andalucy said...

CJ, I am concerned and I will be reporting this to the Sunday School class next week. We will pray for you and your poor son.

molly and geoff archibald said...

did isaac learn any drinking songs?

Tessie said...

I just wanted to let everyone know that it is completely dark here by 4:30! It is hard to get used to. I guess in the summer it stays light until 10:30!

Tessie

andalucy said...

That's how it is in Maine too, because they're on the very eastern side of the time zone.

andalucy said...

In the summer, the sun rises before 5 am!